Sunday, 18 May 2008

File 3 : UiTM and other IPTAs still not world class...

An abstract of my comment published in Education Malaysia blog...

I TOTALLY AGREE with your comments. Sometimes, it is not that we want to lower down our own races, but sometimes we have to say something that is truth in order to get things better. There is a Malay idiom which says that "Kebenaran itu memang pahit untuk ditelan".

Yes, it is hard for us to accept the truth, but the truth is the truth. UiTM is still not a world class university, as well as other Malaysian universities. We use a system which is not systematic. Our education system is too exam oriented, and until this system remains unchanged, non of our universities will gain a world class status. Malaysian students will be like a robot, non progressive and just follow the order without really knowing what they are suppose to do.

I don't think that all 'you people' are that prejudice. Let me tell you something. when I was in kindergarten, I was sent to a Chinese oriented kindergarten which is Eden Child Development Centre. I learned Chinese, I learned other cultures, and we, Malays, Chinese and Indians in the kindergarten (although of course Malays are the minorities) ate together and played together.

When I was in primary school, I mixed with other races, and I learned my english in primary school. This is due to the fact that most of my friends are non-Malays and we speak in English.

However, when I entered secondary school, which was a boarding school (Sekolah Berasrama Penuh), all the students are Malay Muslims. It is not that I want to say bad things about my own race. For God's sake, NO! But honestly, when I learned in a monoethnic surrounding, I've found some 'horror' things:

1) Malaysians who live in their own race enclave tend to be VERY PREJUDICE to other races
2) They do not know about other races
3) They do not like other races

That's why I missed my primary schooldays where there is NO RACES BOUNDARY! We used to live together with harmony. And not to forget, when I entered six-former for 4 month, I was in a relationship with a Chinese girl... So, STOP FROM BEING PREJUDICE TO OTHER RACES! To have a strong Malaysia, we need to have a strong UNITED MALAYSIANS!!! And not to forget, a world-class education system...

And, yes! Our universities are not world-class enough. Let us work together and have a better Malaysia!

I LOVE MALAYSIA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) Malaysians who live in their own race enclave tend to be VERY PREJUDICE to other races
2) They do not know about other races
3) They do not like other races



boy,u made frens with a whole wrong bunch of people. i do not think that malays are like that at all. u should have tell them mingle more.
i am a malay.i dont hate other races. i am sandwiched by two chinese neighbours and they are super nice people!

kairulizwan said...

hye hani!
thnks 4 ur comment... really appreciate it ;)
fyi, what I said in this post is from my own experience. yeah, it's true if you said that not all Malays are like that. but i totally disagree with your comment where you said "i do not think that malays are like that at all".

I studied 5 years in a boarding school where 100% of the students are Malays, and trust me, such sentiments exist during my life there. Most of the students fulfilled the three criteria which I laid down. And I experienced the same sentiments when I studied in a university where 100% of the students are Malays and Bumiputras.

But again, I do not say that all Malays act such way. And yes, there are Malays who prejudice, do not know about other races, and hate [if not don't like] other races...

Peace! :)