Wednesday, 16 July 2008

File 19 : Anwar arrested...

It's quite a long time since I last posted here. Maybe because of my life as a student and the money that I had to fork out every time I wanted to update my blog in cyber cafes.

Yesterday was a historic day. For the first time, Malaysians had watched a live telecast of a debate between an opposition figure, Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim and Minister of Information, Datuk Shabery Cheek. Although I did not managed to catch the live telecast, I am able to watch the debate through recorded telecast at TV3 as well as through the net.

It was quite amazing to see how DSAI managed to tackle the questions intellectually by giving out fact and numbers. It was also amazing as to the extent that he managed to give out his speech calmly despite the tense that flew all over him [well, he said yesterday that he might be caught anytime...].

However, it was quite disheartening to see the way the minister answered the questions. Although he is a good speaker and yes, some of his answers were good, the fact that there were too many personal attacks made towards DSAI had made the minister looks more like a person who like gossips as if he was gossiping to tell the people things that he himself was not sure whether they are true or not...

Anyway, this afternoon DSAI was detained and the policemen who detained him were Special Squad cops with balaclavas!! Looks like they [the policemen] were arresting a highly wanted global terrorist...

Well, I'm still young but I think that I can think rationally too. Is it necessary to have Special Squad with balaclavas to detained a yet-to-be proven suspect of an alleged sodomy?? Plus, why arrest him when the time for him to give his statement is not yet due? mmm...

0 comments: